Monday, March 18, 2013

Free on the Inside

I started this picture of my Brother, who at present is serving time in prison for drinking and driving. I sketched from a photo that he sent me. This first pic, I kept having to redo his mouth and nose (in pencil) having to rework it about 5 times, so I got frustrated...then drew it in pastel pencil....making his lips red...and looking like the joker!...Whew! 
Starting to do some underpainting..
Starting to put in some tattoos. He has many and they are too complex to add....so I just placed color in the general vicinity.
This is what I have so far...Still have to add more color and do more blending. One of my good friends and artist says.."you just got to know when your licked and walk away from the painting." I've got a hard head though...LOL!

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned in life: It goes on."-Robert Frost.

2 comments:

  1. you are hard headed but it worked out for you in the end! great job! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly....it makes for good practice. :) and heaven only knows I need it!

    ReplyDelete