Monday, March 25, 2013

Throw yourself

"The only way we can live, is if we grow. The only way that we can grow, is if we change.The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed, is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it throw yourself...-C. Joybell C.

"As the crow flies....so will I." (self portrait)
(sorry about the glare..paint is still wet.)
This quote hits home with me...For so long I have been afraid to really throw myself out in the open. Am I the only one that feels that way? I started out painting on rocks! The more I paint...the more I want to paint. I love this art journey and learning experience, art is teaching me more about myself than I ever realized was possible.
Make Art...
Blessings and Peace

3 comments:

  1. kat, what a wonderful quote and darling self portrait! i love how you visually created the poem. self portraits are hard, but you really captured your essence! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mizz Kelly. I love this quote and I really need to follow it every day.

    ReplyDelete