Sunday, June 2, 2013

Leaving your comfort zone.

"By leaving your comfort zone behind and taking a leap of faith into something new, you find out who you are truly capable of becoming."-Unknown.


Happy Sunday! It has been a reflective day for me...I started my day off with breakfast at my Son's House...He is such a great cook! Then I got into a great conversation with my Daughter-in-law which left me thinking about comfort zones.
w.i.p.

I try to go outside of my comfort zone as much as I can ( you know old Boho gals like me are set in our ways) Who ever said You can't teach an old dog new tricks apparently never left their comfort zone! Whew!
Close up of w.i.p.

Any way this brings me around to my Art...I always start my work by sketching or drawing my subject lightly in pencil then painting it. With this painting I decided I would try something different, get out of my comfort zone and sketch with the paint brush. It felt unnatural at first, but then I started getting into the groove of it! Practice makes perfect...huh? Well I guess I had better get to practicing!
Peace and Blessings...Kat.

"we keep moving forward opening new doors, and doing new things  because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."-Walt Disney.


2 comments:

  1. love your new wip! yes, getting out of our comfort zones is good for us and opens up a new road to travel!! keep going, i cannot wait to see what you do next;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dear Kelly...onward and upward..xo

    ReplyDelete