Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I come from strong women

"I believe in strong women. I believe in the woman who is able to stand up for herself. I believe in the woman who doesn't have to hide behind someones back. I believe that if you have problems, as a woman you deal with them, you don't play victim, you don't make yourself look pitiful, you don't point fingers...you stand and you deal. You face the world with a head held high and you carry the universe in your heart."  C.Joybell C.
I was doing a series of paintings called 'I come from strong women' and this is one of the paintings. Acrylic on 16x20 canvas.

This theme brought to mind my two best friends...both Artists and both strong women. I had the pleasure of spending last Saturday evening with them....We shared a wonderful meal...we talked...we laughed...we cried...and then we painted! Was so good for the soul! What a great evening just...being who we are...Strong Women...

2 comments:

  1. oh kat, what a beautiful painting, a beautiful quote and heart felt post! we are blessed to have this friendship, aren't we? so many memories are going to be made around our easels. i am blessed to call you one of my besties! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete